8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY
The Lloyd’s Register Foundation conference includes presentations and panel discussions on:
Using big data and insight to better understand how people think and feel about risk.
- Paul Slovic - Professor of Psychology, University of Oregon, and President of Decision Research;
- Mark Girolami - Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Cambridge and Founding Director, The Alan Turing Institute;
- Tracey Brown - Director, Sense About Science;
- Reuben Ng - Assistant Professor and Lead Scientist, Lloyd’s Register Foundation Institute for the Public Understanding of Risk, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The Safety Challenges Debate - where is the biggest safety challenge in the world and how do we tackle it?
- Dolline Hatchett - Director, Office of Safety Recommendations and Communications, US National Transportation Safety Board;
- Ana MacIntosh - Programme Manager, Assuring Autonomy International Programme, University of York;
- Jose Torero - Professor of Civil Engineering, University College London (UCL);
- Neil Baird - Co-Convenor, FerrySafe and Honorary Fellow at the Australian National Centre for Ocean Research and Security, University of Wollongong;
- Jeff Lejeune - Food Safety and Quality Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Closing the Belief Gap - How do we better understand people’s perception of risk?
- Andrew Rzepa - Partner at data analysis and advice firm Gallup;
- David Halpern - CEO, Behavioural Insights Team;
- Shaun Fitzgerald - Director, Royal Institution;
- Edwina Dunn - CEO of Starcount, cofounder of dunnhumby and founder of The Female Lead;
- Pablo Suarez - Artist-in-Residence, Lloyd’s Register Foundation Institute for Public Understanding of Risk, NUS.
Tomorrow’s World - how data and emerging tech can be used to enhance global safety.
- Kriti Sharma - AI Technologist and Founder of AI for Good;
- Sir Nigel Shadbolt - Professor of Computer Science, Oxford University and Chairman of the Open Data Institute;
- Magali Vassiere - Director of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications, European Space Agency and Head of ECSAT;
- Dame Wendy Hall - Regius Professor of Computer Science and Pro Vice-Chancellor, University of Southampton;
- Linda Hughes - EU EHS Regulatory Intelligence Lead, World Wide Operations, Amazon.