The US Department of Labor has presented an Ohio-based vehicle parts manufacturer on its ‘severe violator enforcement programme’ with a fine of $480,240 (approx. £373,000) after inspectors found it had continually exposed workers to multiple machine hazards
The senior coroner presiding over an inquest into the death of a high-voltage electrical engineer who was overcome by carbon monoxide while investigating a fault on an industrial transformer is warning IOSH members of the risks.
Arc flashes, also known as electric arcs, are a common hazard that can have severe consequences for workers. Providing them with adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) is essential. Here are five key steps to follow when selecting clothing for arc flash protection.
How can businesses enable agile working when procuring electrical and ergonomic home office equipment? Stephen Roberts, a specialist in workstation power, connectivity and ergonomics, discusses the duty of care to remote-working employees.
The company that runs Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal in the Midlands must pay £6.5m after a court found it guilty of negligence over the death of an 11-year-old boy at the depot, near Rugby.
Hydrogen looks promising as a plentiful alternative to fossil fuels, but the risks of electrical shock and flammability must be managed first, writes Michael Edwards GradIOSH in his latest opinion piece.