According to Eurostat over 30 million tonnes of carcinogenic, mutagenic and reprotoxic substances (CMRs) are produced in Europe per annum.
The harmonised CLP Regulation classifies CMR substances into the following categories:
- Category 1A: the CMR potential of the substance is proved;
- Category 1B: the CMR potential of the substance is assumed;
- Category 2: the CMR potential of the substance is suspected.
The GHS pictogram that illustrates CMR hazards is highlighted above.
There is no definitive list of CMRs. The best information will be the suppliers Safety Data Sheet (SDS). The challenge in workplaces is very often how to identify the chemical products that are classified as CMR’s. Chemdoc provides a practical solution.
What does Chemdoc do to help you manage CMRs?
- Source safety data sheets for all your chemicals and keep them updated.
- Make SDS available to all your staff online in one central location.
- Extract relevant data from the safety data sheets regarding the CLP classification of CMR’s
- Identify the chemicals that are classified as Carcinogens, Mutagens and Reproductive Toxins.
- Provide you with the tools to complete customisable COSHH assessments on the CMR’s and other hazardous chemicals.
- Print reports on the types of hazardous chemicals used onsite including a full CMR report of individual Carcinogen, Mutagen and Reproductive Toxin.
IOSH members new to Chemdoc click here for a free demo and consultation.
For more information, call 020 8133 4551 or email email@example.com.