eRAMS: your route to concise, activity based RAs and method statements
For many contractors, drawing up ‘suitable and sufficient’ risk assessments, and then a useful method statement, can be challenging and time-consuming, even though these documents are vital to successful. contracting.
eRAMS is a practical online service that allows contractors and maintenance teams to create, amend, store and print activity-based risk assessments, plus method statements and construction phase plans (CPPs). The easy to use eRAMS templates are based on extensive field testing, and input from leading contractors and key industry players on industry good practice.
eRAMS has been developed as a response to industry demand by ECA - and it’s already proved to be helpful way beyond electrical or even building services contracting. Customer experience and feedback has shown that eRAMS is a real help to virtually any type of small to medium contractor that needs to ensure health and safety, across a wide range of tasks and activities.
Darren Price, Director of West Midlands-based contractor Goodwin and Price, said, “eRAMS is remarkably user-friendly, and a number of clients have told us that our risk assessments and method statements are some of the best that they have seen from a contractor.” Using the eRAMS Quick Start guide, users can start to produce practical risk assessment information within minutes.
eRAMS features include:
- Concise, intuitive RAs, MSs and Construction Phase Plans (CPPs)
- Designed specifically for use by contractors and maintenance teams
- Activity-based risk assessments – for a wide range of contractor activities
- An auto text option, to help users quickly provide essential information on control measures
- Ability to print, or save and send RAs, method statements or CPPs electronically
- A choice of numerical risk assessment matrices
- Ability to add a company logo to printed RAs
- Ability to upload useful photos and other images to the method statement.
eRAMS is free to ECA members, and it’s available on annual subscription to other customers at a highly competitive price from CHAS, the industry-leading health and safety assessment scheme.
As part of ECA’s partnership with CHAS which aims to help companies of all sizes to achieve essential health and safety standards, CHAS registrants can subscribe to eRAMS with a significant discount.
For more information about eRAMS visit www.eca.co.uk/erams