A plain English guide on the fundamentals of COSHH
The COSHH regulations are complex, and most businesses do not have the time, resources, or knowledge to manage them in-house. To help, Alcumus Sypol’s team of experienced and highly qualified scientists have created an easy to read, COSHH: Back to Basics eBook.
Understand the fundamentals of COSHH and hazardous substance management in the workplace.
The eBook will teach you:
- What are the COSHH regulations, and which substances are covered under COSHH?
- How to write and interpret a COSHH risk assessment
- Practical hints and tips on how to manage COSHH
COSHH is the primary set of regulations in the UK that governs the use and control of hazardous substances in the workplace covering a wide range of substances including purchased hazardous materials, substances that form naturally from everyday workplace activities or those that form as a result of workplace processes.
The most common items that require a COSHH risk assessment are cleaning products, oils, paints, dusts and fumes.
There is a misconception that ill-health related hazards are not as severe as more physical immediate injuries. However, it has been reported by the HSE:
- Occupational ill-health is responsible for over 12,000 UK deaths every year.
- In 2019/20 alone, there were 1.6 million new cases of ill-health, in comparison 693,000 were injuries.
- It is expected the impact of COVID-19 will have a large effect on ill-health cases.
This demonstrates the real need to understand COSHH and hazardous substance risks within the workplace to keep staff safe.
DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK NOW