Vibration in the workplace is one of the most common occupational health and safety risks, with more than an estimated four million people at risk of developing health complications, as a result of excessive exposure at work.
Having the right tools to measure and monitor vibration levels is essential to ensure that your employees’ health and well-being is protected, but also to safeguard your business against potential claims.
Introducing the Revo hand-arm vibration meter
The Revo Hand-Arm Vibration Meter, from Cirrus Research, is an advanced and easy-to-deploy hand-arm vibration meter that can be used to measure the vibration levels of workplace machinery and equipment used in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, engineering and construction. Supplied with everything you need to easily and effectively measure hand-arm vibration, including a free vibration level calculator, Revo is the comprehensive solution you need to help protect your employees and business from the risks associated with excessive vibration exposure.
- Measures hand-arm vibration to the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005, so you can be sure you’re measuring accurate and reliable data that will help you better protect people from the risks posed by excessive vibration
- 3-channel FFT for the detection of main frequencies, to provide you with the fullest set of data, so you can make better-informed decisions on what remedial action to take
- Stores up to 10,000 individual measurements and up to 1000 FFT measurements, so you don’t have to worry about important data not bseing captured because your device has run out of storage
- Colour display of both running and interval measurement values, so you get a clear visual indication of the vibration levels in real-time
- USB interface to quickly download your data to your PC or laptop
- Available as part of a complete vibration measurement kit, which includes all the accessories you need to effectively measure hand-arm vibration, including handle mounts for the triaxial accelerometer
What are the risks of excessive vibration exposure?
Health and safety officers and managers already have a host of occupational risks to contend with, whether it’s trips, fire or noise. But vibration presents its own set of dangers, specifically hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS).
HAVS is caused by excessive vibration levels from handheld power tools and machinery used in the workplace. A painful, disabling, and irreversible condition, HAVS affects blood vessels, nerves, and joints, which over time, can prevent people from carrying out normal everyday tasks. In more serious cases of HAVS, it causes permanent disability; in extreme cases, it requires the amputation of affected areas. HAVS can affect your hand, wrist and arm and all the parts they’re made up of. It usually develops over time, becoming more severe the longer and more sustained the exposure is.
HAVS also includes other conditions caused exposure to excessive vibration levels, including Reynaud’s syndrome/vibration white finger. Reynaud’s syndrome or vibration white finger is a condition that causes the extremities of fingers to turn white and in some cases, lose sensation. It can be caused from the use of vibrating power tools, which damages nerves and blood vessels, reducing blood flow, tactile sensation, and dexterity in the fingers.
In severe cases, HAVS can end people’s careers; without full function of one’s hands and/or fingers, it can become impossible to operate the tools necessary to safely and effectively carry out their work.
Why choose to purchase vibration measurement instruments from Cirrus Research?
- Industry-leading worry-free 15-year warranty, to safeguard your investment
- Free vibration data calculator, to help you better understand your data and make more informed decisions on what remedial action you need to take
- Accredited instrument calibration laboratory, so you can be sure your vibration meter maintains its accuracy and reliability
- 50 years’ of technical expertise and excellence, so you can have confidence in us and our instruments
- Unrivalled in-house technical support, so you always have access to the answers you need
- Expertly-designed vibration measurement solutions, to help you protect people’s health and well-being
For further information on Revo Hand-Arm Vibration Meter and to learn how else Cirrus Research can help you, visit cirrusresearch.co.uk/products/revo-vibration-meter, call 01723 891655 or email [email protected].