Workers often need to perform various tasks at moderate heights. Tasks like inspection, assembly, loading, securing and unloading vehicles for example can have a low fall clearance meaning that only overhead (fall factor 0) fall arrest anchors are appropriate.
Overhead cranes are very common in many industries. Such cranes limit or prevent the use of many permanent and temporary overhead anchors, like horizontal lifelines, due to the risk of contact and interference.
In 2020 we launched the new and improved generation of 3M™ DBI-SALA® Flexiguard™ Modular Jib Systems, offering the next level of ‘jib versatility’. The 3M™ DBI-SALA® Flexiguard™ Modular Jib System is comprised of a modular set of components that can be configured in a multitude of ways to create a highly portable and highly configurable overhead anchorage solution. The Flexiguard system operates with little or no conflict with overhead cranes.
The fully height adjustable design allows for maximum transportability and adaptation to unique work environments. Adjustment of the system can be accomplished manually with the integrated winching handle, or up to four times faster using an optional power drill overload clutch adapter.
A combination of base and mast assemblies can be interchanged with a variety of accessories to custom tailor a solution for a specific application or environment. Significant measures were taken to create a new counterweight base design that maximises portability, making it compact enough to be re-located with a 2.5 tonnes rated forklift truck.
- The new M200 version offers improved reach with 4.6 m (15ft.) for the single user version and up to 3.7 m (12ft.) for the two user system that uses two parallel horizontal rails to allow both users to work independently and pass each other on the same jib system. More versatility – The new ‘modular design’ provides up to 80 unique application solutions, providing an option for any situation
- Easier transport – Effective weight distribution simplifies transport using 2.5 tonnes rated forklifts for all ‘counterweight’ models
- Enhanced safety – A clear working area enables workers and safety managers to visually verify the vertical boundaries and reduce the risk of potential swing fall hazards
- Powder coated – Fully coated and galvanised components increases safety and longevity of the system
- Extended reach capabilities – In the new dual-user M200 models, the 4.6 m option offers up to 3.8 m more reach than previous Flexiguard™ models
- Improved maximum height – Increasing the height for 9.1 m. models enables up to 1.5 m. more vertical height when compared to previous Flexiguard™ models
Get the coverage you need with this versatile new fall protection system. Available in M100 (1 user) and M200 (1 or 2 users) models, it’s simplified design can enhance worker safety in multiple applications. The increased rail-length configurations improve working coverage while the new, compact design facilitates easier transport.
For more information visit www.3m.co.uk
To Speak to An Expert, click here