It is essential to measure and monitor noise levels in your workplace to protect both your employees’ hearing and your business’ reputation and having the right equipment to do this can make all the difference.
We know that there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to health and safety in the workplace, which is why we make our equipment easy and simple to use.
The Safety Officer’s Kit from Cirrus Research
The Safety Officer’s Kit includes everything you need to measure and monitor occupational noise easily and effectively. This kit contains a combination of noise measurement devices, including a sound level meter and noise dosimeters with required accessories, that can be configured to meet your exact needs.
So, what is included in the Safety Officer’s Kit, and how can it be customised?
Handheld sound level meter
Our Optimus+ range of sound level meters is packed with all the functionality needed to measure noise easily and effectively in the workplace.
Key features include:
- Simultaneous measurement of all noise parameters you need so you’ll never have to worry about missing data
- Octave band analysis, available on certain variants, to provide you with a more detailed overview of the noisescape and allow you to choose the best hearing protection
- This device meets international standards, so you can be confident in your data’s accuracy and reliability
With the Safety Officer’s Kit, you can choose any variant of the Optimus+ Red sound level meter. If you are measuring occupational noise to meet the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, then we recommend choosing Optimus Red data logging octave band sound level meter.
Personal sound exposure meters
At Cirrus Research, we revolutionised the noise dosimeter in the 1990’s with the introduction of the doseBadge. More than 25 years later, the Original doseBadge is still one of the most versatile noise dosimeters available on the market.
Key features include:
- Simultaneous measurement of all parameters so you never have to worry about missing data
- Small lightweight design so it can be worn comfortably for the duration of an employee’s shift
- Strong and robust case to withstand some of the harshest environments
- Multiple integrator settings, so they can be used anywhere in the world
- No displays or dials so your data is tamperproof
You can choose between either the standard version of the doseBadge, the advanced doseBadge5, or the intrinsically safe doseBadge, which carries ATEX, EEx, IECEx, and FM certifications. The intrinsically safe doseBadge can be used in hazardous zones that require safe measurement equipment.
The advanced version of the doseBadge is equipped with octave band filters and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing the device to provide accurate and detailed information remotely to any compatible smartphone, perfect for measuring noise while practising social distancing.
Noise poses a significant risk to people’s health and wellbeing. It can affect any workplace in any industry and often has devastating consequences such as hearing loss, tinnitus and conditions such as cardiovascular disease. There are also links between exposure to excessive noise and mental health.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005) stipulate exactly what employers must do to reduce the risks posed by excessive noise exposure. These regulations, which are overseen and enforced by the Health and Safety Executive, are a legal requirement and are enforceable on any business, regardless of the sector.
Noise in the workplace can be controlled, and at Cirrus Research we are on hand to help you.
Start building your ideal Safety Officer’s Kit, and speak to a member of our knowledgeable team today.