Even as a vaccine begins to roll out across the UK, the impact of Covid on the country’s workforce will be felt for some time. An estimated 60,000 people in the UK have experienced COVID-19 symptoms lasting longer than three months, and around 10% of all Covid sufferers experiencing symptoms for over a month. In this episode, Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson are joined by Dr Ron Daniels, Director of the UK Sepsis Trust, to discuss how employees experiencing long-term symptoms can be supported through their recovery and their return to work, including:
- Definitions of Long Covid and associated symptoms
- Clinical approaches to the condition
- Age groups and demographics who may be at risk
- How employers can access resources to manage Long Covid cases
- How employees can access reliable information and support
- Practical adjustments to support employees suffering long-term symptoms
- Managing mental health impacts associated with Long Covid
Presented by Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson.
With Dr Ron Daniels.