Noise experts Pulsar Instruments, have specially designed a sound level meter – the Pulsar Nova - so that Health and Safety practitioners can easily meet the needs of the Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
The Pulsar Nova allows you to easily assess and manage noise risks by helping you identify noise hazards, calculate workers personal exposure to noise, make sure the legal noise limits are not exceeded and prescribe the correct levels of hearing protection.
No hassle risk assessments
Pulsar meters are supplied as standard with our outstanding licence-free software which allows hassle-free analysis of your results; the user simply selects one of the custom-designed reporting templates and within a few clicks they have a professional looking and compliant noise report.
Any Safety Officer looking for a simple to use occupational sound level meter will find everything they need with this meter which captures and displays noise measurements in just three easy steps: Switch On, Calibrate, Measure.
Key features of the Pulsar Nova
- Meets international standards including IEC 61672
- Integrating averaging sound level meter
- Data logging provided as standard
- Takes simultaneous measurements of all key noise parameters
- Gives LAeq, CPeak, LCeq and C-A for hearing protection calculations
- Measures 20dB(A) to 140dB(A) & 143dB(C) range
- Operates by a simple keypad
- Shows data clearly on a high-definition OLED screen
- Has a 30-hour battery life and large memory
- Offers upgrade options including octave band filters.
The Nova is available as a complete noise measurement kit with acoustic calibrator, windshield, protective case and a 7-year warranty. Like all Pulsar Instruments’ products, the Nova range are made entirely in Britain.