The NoisePen personal noise meter by Pulsar Instruments is the ideal tool to assess whether your employees are at risk of noise-induced hearing loss by exposure to excessive noise. Worn on the shoulder, this cable free pre-programmable dosemeter enables measurement and monitoring of the noise levels an individual is exposed to throughout their working day or shift.
The NoisePen can be pre-programmed up to 28 days in advance, so Health and Safety Managers do not have to be present to start or stop the dosemeter - simply complete the set up and then deliver it to the worker (you can even pop it in the post to them!) – this makes it ideal for workers who are social distancing, located on remote sites, who work night shifts or work in areas that are difficult to access for example.
The NoisePen captures noise doses for over 30 hours so you can even pre-programme it to start and stop daily enabling you to measure noise exposure of an employee over an entire working week if required. When the measurements are completed all the employee needs to do is return the NoisePen to you, where you can download the measurements and quickly and easily create compliant noise at work reports within a few clicks of a mouse.
Key advantages of the NoisePen
- Offers a powerful way to schedule noise measurements up to 28 days in advance
- Overcomes problems of having to be next to a worker to start, stop and download the measurements
- Allows you to deploy the dosemeters to remote sites or locations without interaction from the wearer.
Features of the NoisePen personal noise meter
- Large measurement range 70-140 dB(A) so suitable for all work environments.
- Measures LAeq and LCPeak as well as calculating daily exposure levels in terms of LAep,d or LEX,8h.
- Wearable, cable-free will capture doses for over 30 hours.
- No separate reader or charger needed.
- Schedule measurements for up to 28 days into the future.
- Simple set up, operation and reporting with the outstanding AnalyzerPlus software.
- Rechargeable in less than 4 hours.
- Ideal for lone workers, shift workers and those working in confined spaces or remote sites.
The NoisePen is designed and manufactured entirely in the UK and is supplied with everything required to conduct a fully compliant survey. It meets IEC 61252:1993 and ANSI S1.25: 1991 standards.
For more information visit: www.pulsarinstruments.com or call 01723 518 011.