Fast, easy to operate with reliability designed in
The Pulsar Nova is an easy to use advanced sound level meter designed specifically for safety professionals by Pulsar Instruments, expert manufacturer and global retailer of noise measurement equipment for over 50 years.
This handheld integrating sound level meter is available as a Class 1 or Class 2 instrument and is the perfect tool for conducting on the spot or more complex occupational or environmental noise assessments in a range of work environments when you want and how you want it.
“It’s a high-performance meter, but you will be surprised at how easy to use this meter is and we don’t say that to blow our own trumpet! But the feedback from our customers is clear. “ Says Simon Rehill, Manager at Pulsar Instruments. “And unlike many other meters on the market, it also comes with a 7-year warranty”. He continues.
Measures everything you need
All parameters specified in noise regulations are displayed within 3 seconds on a large high-resolution OLED colour screen, a major improvement on previous technology. A bar graph shows real-time fluctuations in sound pressure level. You can read the different frequency weightings: the RMS and peak level (Peak) for (A, C and Z) including the C-A function which uses the HML calculation method for the selection of hearing protection.
Customisable just for you
“We can customise this sound level meter for you to include only the options you need and to suit your budget.” Simon says. Customisable options include:
- Recording data
- Audio recording
- Field audio notes
- Frequency analysis (1: 1 octave band analysis)
- Statistical values (Ln).
Three easy steps to use
Switch on, calibrate and measure.
Just press the START button and this sound level meter will measure, stop and automatically save the noise data. It even has a unique calibration prompt!
The meter comes with its own reporting software, AnalyzerPlus, to be used to process and analyse all data quickly and efficiently and publish clear and compliant reports in just a few clicks.
Who is it for?
The Nova integrating sound level meter is simply the best choice for noise measurement.
Ideal tool for use in the following work applications
- Control of noise levels in the workplace (noise risk assessments, machinery, engines, vehicles, personal risk exposure, etc.)
- Measurements of noise levels (fire alarms, machines, etc.)
- Measurement of environmental noise (BS4142 and BS5228)
- Entertainment noise
- Vehicle noise
Main characteristics and compliance
- Dynamic Measurement range of 20 dB(A) - 140 dB(A) and 143 dB(C)
- Meets IEC 1672-1:2002, IEC 60651:2001, IEC 60804:2000, IEC 61252:1993 and ANSI S1.4 -1983 (R2006), ANSI S1.43 - 1997 (R2007) ANSI S1.25:1991 - 1:1 Octave Band Filters to IEC 61260 & ANSI S1.11-20
- Simultaneous measurements of time (F, S, I) and frequency weightings: RMS & Peak: A, C and Z (unweighted)
- All functionalities available in different languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian and French
Find out more visit Pulsar’s website https://pulsarinstruments.com/en/category/sound-level-meters
Call +44 (0)1723 518 011
Email: [email protected]