For many businesses, the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic has been huge.
For those of you working in health and safety, having access to all the right equipment has always been key, but with budgetary restrictions likely being imposed in organisations across the UK, it might be more challenging to secure the tools you need to carry out your job effectively. Which is why we wanted to let you know that if you need equipment to help you adhere to the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, then we’re here to help ease some of the financial pressures from you and your business.
All of our industry-leading equipment is available to hire on flexible long- or short-term bases, meaning you will only ever need to pay for the equipment you need, when you need it. You’ll have access to the same level of functionality as if you were to purchase, and will be able to store all your data in your copy of our licence-free software, NoiseTools.
How to measure and monitor noise safely while observing social distancing
Following the statement from the Prime Minister yesterday, updating the country’s lockdown restrictions, it may be the case that you are now in a position to return to work. Following social distancing guidelines is going to be essential in making sure that you keep yourself and your employees safe, but you might be wondering how you can measure and monitor noise safely while adhering to the Government’s Covid-Secure guidance. Here are our top tips:
Use non-contact noise dosimeters like the doseBadge5
The doseBadge5 is packed full of features that make non-contact noise measurement incredibly easy!
- Mounting clips allow doseBadges to be worn by employees, meaning you don’t need to be around when they’re gathering data
- Bluetooth® connectivity means you can connect to individual badges from your smartphone using the dBActive app, and view live measurement data from up to 10 meters away
- The doseBadge remote control (Wand) allows you to control individual doseBadges, meaning you can start and stop measurements from a safe distance
- Pre-programmable start/stop timers will enable you to configure your badges to only operate during specific shift times, meaning you don’t need to be there to begin and end measurements
Use microphone extension cables and tripods with Optimus sound level meters
If you measure a specific location or piece of machinery, then it’s likely you’ll use a handheld sound level meter like the Optimus. Our range of Optimus accessories will help you keep a safe distance from others:
- Microphone preamp extension cables come in varying lengths including 2m, 5m, 10m and 20m, meaning you don’t need to be anywhere near the area you’re measuring
- Use a tripod to mount the Optimus in the area you’re measuring, so you can switch it on, hit start, and let the meter capture the data you need without you needing to be there
- The Optimus+ comes with Bluetooth® connectivity, which means you can control your meter from your smartphone using the dBLink mobile app!
- When used with our extension cables, tripods offer the perfect solution to measuring noise while keeping to social distancing guidelines. Just mount the preamplifier using one of our adapters to your tripod, and use your meter from a safe distance
Keep your equipment clean and sterile with antibacterial and isopropyl wipes
Whether you’re using an Optimus sound level meter, a doseBadge noise dosimeter or a Trojan noise nuisance recorder, it’s essential to keep it clean and sterile to help prevent the spread of covid-19.
- Use antibacterial wipes on plastic and hard cases
- Only use isopropyl wipes on microphone preamplifier barrels and microphone capsules
Contact us: https://www.cirrusresearch.co.uk/contact/